This JOB Opportunity is now closed.
Edmonton Short Film Festival (ESFF) is looking for a young adult (up to 30 years old) to join our festival team as the Videographer/Editor responsible for shooting and editing video from our various events. As the ESFF Videographer/Editor you will be expected to create compelling videos for use in promotions and for our archives. Ideally you will have an understanding and appreciation of film festivals and the importance of these festivals to both film artists and the community. The majority of your time will be creating and editing engaging videos for our social platforms.
Our Videographer/Editor will receive mentorship from and work collaboratively with the festival directors. The ideal candidate is a student who is entering their final year of studies or is a recent graduate of a media, film or video production program.
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs. 16 weeks. 30 hours per week. $16/per hour.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Create high quality videos and still photographs that convey our message, culture, feeling, and story to the community and potential audience participants
- Create and deliver video content designed for websites, social media, advertising, etc.
- Provide leadership to a small team of volunteer videographers and hosts
- Shoot event footage, and work with other videographers to shoot additional footage, at events
- Edit all footage using Final Cut, Premiere Pro or other professional-grade software
- Be able and willing to travel to various film screening events and workshop locations in the Edmonton area
- Embrace and support the ESFF mission and adhere to safe practices in the workplace
- Must be organized, able to take direction, and be a team-player
- Open to working evenings and weekends
- Collecting, organizing and creating video content
- Develop workflows and processes to meet deadlines
- Have a passion for videography and editing
- Be proficient in editing software
- Have a good understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and how to post in the various required formats
- Be versatile to be able to quickly adapt as required
- Basic understanding of how to operate cameras, microphones, lighting and all related equipment in the production and editing of video
- Strong attention to detail and time managements skills
- Photography experience is a big plus
- Great attitude and strong work ethic